We are hiring now!
- Casual and fixed term positions availability
- Opportunities for permanent roles
- Opportunities for traineeship and professional growth and development
- Salary packaging
- Friendly and supportive workplace
The heart of what we do is to inspire and empower people with disabilities, fostering each person’s ability to learn, succeed, connect and contribute, cultivating resilience, enjoyment and self-determination to achieve all that is possible. Eurella has played an active role in advocating for and providing essential supports and services to people with disability for over 65 years.
About the role:
We are on the search for caring and capable Support Mentors that are passionate about inspiring individuals to pursue their interests and to optimise their learning, employment and social opportunities. We are passionate about supporting people to live life to the fullest, achieving all that is possible.
Eurella are seeking Support Mentors on both a casual and fixed term contract basis. There is flexibility in the casual shifts available. Shifts are wide ranging and can vary from weekdays, weekends, public holidays, morning, afternoon and/or overnight shifts. Shifts can vary in hours.
This rewarding role provides assistance across all areas of daily life and in a range of settings including in the home, education setting, workplace or in the community. Support can be provided to individuals or in groups. Types of support can include the development of life-skills, assistance with personal care, engaging in social, cultural, recreational, sporting and community activities, transportation, domestic assistance and meal preparation.
What we offer:
As an employer we acknowledge the valuable contribution of our staff through:
- NFP Tax benefit salary packaging
- Opportunity for permanent employment
- Traineeships to obtain a formal qualification in disability for eligible employees on commencement
- Ongoing mentoring, support and professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition awards
- Exciting and diverse project and career development pathways
- Social and community events for employees
- Supportive team environment in a values-based organisation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organisation at an exciting time of growth and strategic change. If you are caring, adaptable, self-motivated, committed to providing a high-quality service and upholding the dignity and rights of people with a disability we would love for you to apply.
To be considered for the role please address the following criteria in your cover letter:
- Qualification in disability, aged care, home and community care or if eligible enrolment in a traineeship or willingness to obtain the qualification within 12 months of commencement.
- Flexibility, reliability and availability to work across varying shifts that may include weekdays, weekends, overnight, day or afternoon/evening shifts.
- Experience and/or willingness with training to support people with disabilities with activities of daily living with a commitment to providing person-centered high-quality services.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to solve problems, garner confidence and develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to build positive relationships with the client, upholding their rights with empathy, respect, responsiveness and dignity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within and demonstrate Eurella Community Services’ values and ethos in all areas of work.
- Demonstrates qualities of a team player, working collaboratively with others and can equally work independently.
- Proficiency in use of technology including notebooks, smart phones & email.
- A current Australian driver’s licence and reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance coverage.
- A current First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain before commencement.
- Clearance for both the National Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Appropriate visa working permit rights to work in Australia.
All children, young people and adults who attend Eurella have a right to feel and to be safe. To ensure the best interest of clients are met, all appointments are subject to successful pre-employment screening including reference checking, a current working with children check clearance in addition to a national criminal record check clearance.
Want to learn more about the role?
For further information about the role please contact Eurella on 02 9747 4810 or email email@example.com
Submitting your application:
To submit your online application, visit our website at www.eurella.org.au/employment-application-form and complete the online employment application attaching the cover letter and resume.
No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be processed as they are received.