Disability Support Workers – Permanent and Casual | Eurella LINKS, In-Home and Community Support, Shared Living Accommodation and Business Services.
Eurella has played an active role in advocating for and providing essential supports and services to people with disability for over 65 years. The heart of what we do is to inspire and empower people with disabilities, fostering each person’s ability to learn, succeed, connect and contribute, cultivating resilience, enjoyment and self-determination to achieve all that is possible.
Do you have what it takes to join Eurella Community Services as our newest Disability Support Worker?
Eurella Community Services are on the lookout for motivated, caring and capable Support Workers to join our growing team across several departments including:
- Eurella LINKS Community and Social Participation Hub
- Living, Lifestyle and Community Support and Shared Living
- Social Enterprise/Employment Services
Our Support Workers are passionate about inspiring individuals to pursue their interests and optimise their learning, employment and social opportunities.
We are offering the opportunity for permanent and casual support workers to join our growing and friendly team as we expand the range of programs on offer to our strong client base. We are looking to fill a range of availabilities including day shifts from Monday – Friday, overnights, and weekends.
Based in a coveted location in Sydney’s inner-west and with our services expanding across Sydney this role is ideal for those who are already pursuing a career in disability support, as well as those looking for an exciting career change. Training and professional development opportunities are provided.
This rewarding role assists in all areas of daily life and a range of settings for clients of all ages including in-home, in the workplace or the community. Support can be provided to individuals or in groups. Types of support can include the development of life skills, assistance with personal care, engaging in social, cultural, recreational, sporting and community activities, transportation, domestic assistance, and meal preparation.
A current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence is a mandatory requirement for this role.
To be considered for the role please address the following criteria in your cover letter:
- A completed Cert III Qualification in Individual Support and/or Disability, or higher. If a candidate does not hold a relevant qualification, they must be willing to obtain within 12 months of commencement.
- Consistent availability, whether weekdays, overnights or weekends.
- Experience and/or willingness with training to support and mentor people with disabilities with activities of daily living with a commitment to providing person-centered high-quality services.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to solve problems, garner confidence and develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to build positive relationships with the client, upholding their rights with empathy, respect, responsiveness, and dignity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within and demonstrate Eurella Community Services’ values and ethos in all areas of work.
- Demonstrates qualities of a team player, working collaboratively with others and can equally work independently.
- Proficiency in use of technology including notebooks, smartphones & email.
- A current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence and reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance coverage.
- A current First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain before commencement.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check is required for all applicants.
- A current Working with Children Check.
- Appropriate visa working permit rights to work in Australia.
What we offer:
As an employer, we acknowledge the valuable contribution of our staff through:
- NFP Tax benefit salary packaging
- Traineeships to obtain a formal qualification in disability for eligible employees
- Ongoing mentoring, support and professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition awards
- Exciting and diverse project and career development pathways
- Social and community events for employees
- Supportive team environment purpose-driven and values-based organisation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organisation at an exciting time of growth and strategic change. If you are caring, adaptable, self-motivated, and committed to providing high-quality service and upholding the dignity and rights of people with a disability we would love for you to apply.
All children, young people and adults who attend Eurella have a right to feel and be safe. To ensure the best interest of clients is met, all appointments are subject to successful pre-employment screening including reference checking, a current NDIS worker screening check and working with children check clearance.
Submitting your application:
To submit your online application, visit our website at www.eurella.org.au/employment-application-form and complete the online employment application attaching your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria of the position.
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Applications will be accepted and assessed based upon the merit of the applicant, submissions are accepted all year round.